Information from G. KOUZALIS LLC on new community guidelines for the use of gloves
- KOUZALIS LLC informs you about the new revised guidelines of the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC- Use of gloves in healthcare and nonhealthcare settings in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic- 02 July 2020) for the recommendations of the Consulting COVID-19 Scientific Committee in collaboration with the Epidemiological Surveillance Unit of the Ministry of Health regarding the use of gloves in the community in the Republic of Cyprus during the COVID-19 epidemic.
The following are the current proposed community measures under the ECDC to reduce the risk of transmission of SARs-COV-2:
- Physical distancing
- Compliance with the rules of respiratory hygiene
- Regular / proper hand hygiene
The use of a mask is recommended only in cases where it is not possible to ensure adequate physical distance. To date, there are insufficient data to suggest to individuals the use of disposable gloves in the context of the COVID-19 epidemic.
Exceptions to the above where the use of gloves is strongly recommended in the community are:
- Cases with a confirmed case within the family, where the use of gloves is recommended for individuals within the family who provide care, clean and manage the cases of the case and which may be contagious, such as used tissues
- Occupations that used gloves even before the onset of the epidemic e.g. cleaning staff, food handlers, police officers, etc.
The use of gloves can be seriously considered as the best choice when the use of other equipment (eg tweezers or disposable paper) does not provide effective protection when handling ready-to-eat food.
There are insufficient data on the recommended use of gloves in occupations that did not wear gloves for occupational causes prior to the epidemic, such as cash registers, bus and taxi drivers, and office workers.
Following the announcement of the instructions for the use of gloves is listed in Annex I and all the Protocols / instructions that refer to workplaces and which are updated with the removal of the obligation of employees / visitors to wear gloves are listed.
The Protocols concerned playgrounds, theaters / cinemas, camps, gyms, libraries, nurseries, primary schools, special schools, tourist accommodation and hotels, archeological sites and museums, Holy Temples and Churches, Habitats, Aesthetics Institutes, Sailors sports facilities, barbershops and hairdressers, hospitals, dental clinics, construction sites, food businesses, take-away and delivery services, State Social Welfare Institutions. However, it is understood that the obligation to use gloves still exists when carrying out cleaning services.
It is noted that in cases where the use of gloves is strongly recommended, after their disposal, proper hand hygiene should be followed, either with an alcoholic solution or with soap and water and proper disposal.
At G. KOUZALIS LLC with full dedication to our duties, we are at your disposal for anything you need regarding the new instructions of the Ministry of Health and the Protocols issued on the lifting of measures after the limitation of the spread of COVID-19 and the good epidemiological situation in Cyprus. For more information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 23811788.