Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades announced last night 23.03.2020 a near lockdown.
Measures that are already taken are prohibiting flights, closures of schools, Malls, Hotels, Catering and entertainment venues.
The following areas will be closed and prohibited to go :
- Children’s Play areas, Parks, Beaches, open sport facilities, squares, dams, Marinas.
- All retail companies will closed apart from the ones which will be listed and published later today
- No open air markets
- Construction sites.
- Churches and Mosques.
- No traditional Easter bonfires (lambradjia)
- Fines to the above of €150 will occur if the measures are not met.
- Movement to and from work during working hours
- Visit to a pharmacy, blood donation center or a doctor
- Visit to a store to buy essential goods / services.
- Visit to a bank, provided that electronic transactions are not possible.
- Absolutely necessary visits to government services or services of the wider public sector and local government
- Movement with the purpose of assisting people who are unable to serve or protect themselves or who are in self-confinement and / or compulsory confinement (quarantine)
- Movement for physical activity or for the needs of a pet, alone or in a group of no more than 2 persons and in areas adjacent to their homes
- Movement with the purpose of attending a ceremony (e.g. funeral, wedding, christening) of first and second degree relatives not exceeding 10 persons
- Movement for any other purpose which may be justified under the prohibition of movement measures
Everyone must carry an ID or passport and the necessary documentation. Details are given by the Cyprus Government. See the information here